The Squires Lane Federation curriculum is carefully constructed to fulfil our vision that "all pupils will leave Manorside and Tudor with the knowledge and skills, character traits, and love of learning they need to flourish in the next step of their journey and throughout their lives."
The curriculum is built on the following principles:
- Our children at the heart of everything we do
- Learning that builds both knoweldge and skills progressively towards ambitious end points
- Cross-curricular links, with an overarching theme each term or half term, to help children contextualise learning and make connections that make learning more enjoyable and memorable
- A love of learning developed through a range of aspirational experiences inside and outside the classroom
- Learning underpinned by a language-rich environment, high quality texts, and a love of reading
- Teaching children to be the best versions of themselves through the Manorside/Tudor Way and Zones of Regulation
- Specialist teaching in PE and Music/Drama to empower children to 'take pride' in their performances on the sports field and stage
We "love to learn" at SLF and this means that we are always looking at how we can develop our curriculum further. Current focus areas are:
- Driver questions for units of learning to inspire memorable learning experiences and reinforce oracy, depth of thought, and cross curricular connections
- Tangible outcomes to ensure learning is always meaningful and to give children more opportunities to 'take pride'
- Increased diversity and representation in our curriculum, including through general reading materials, through topics such as Africa (Kingdom of Benin and African Voice), and across the curriculum
SUBJect progression maps
The document below show the progression of skills for each subject, from year 1-6. The two schools cover the same skills, but topics vary in some areas to reflect each school's contextual history and community. The documents below should be considered against the year group information for each school (click for Manorside or Tudor).
The autolist folder CURRICULUM_PROGRESSION_OF_SKILLS does not exist or has been moved.
- SLLF Art progression of skills
- SLLF DT progression of skills
- SLLF Geography Porgression of Skills
- SLLF History Progression of Skills
- SLLF RE Progression of Skills